Dark Ghost Tours - Afterlife Tales
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
We're telling the tales they told us not to share.
The site has gone dark and so too the stories we're sharing.
Afterlife Tales is a 90-minute ghost tour that covers true dark events from the Penitentiary Chapel (the 'Tench') and dark stories from further afield around Tasmania.
32 people were hanged at the gallows on site, an imposing area that is chilling even in daylight. The building is awash with unexplained events, disembodied footsteps and sensory evidence.
Join the tour, pick up your lantern and follow your guide through the dark tunnels and hallways; but don't fall behind!
With the lights off, who knows what awaits you in the dark?
Adult only $40
This tour is not suitable for people under the age of 18.
Bookings are essential.
Bookings are essential as the small tours are only able to accommodate 12 people.
This is a guided, lantern-lit walking tour around the historic site at night with lights out.
The Hobart Convict Penitentiary Chapel site has steep, narrow stairs and uneven convict-made flooring throughout the property - so access is limited. The Ghost Tour is not suitable for people with restricted mobility and is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible.
This tour is not for the faint of heart and restricted to Adults 18 and over. Themes are of a much darker nature than our regular Ghost Tours and we recommend considering whether this specialised tour is appropriate for all participants.
Please consider these restrictions before booking as bookings are non-refundable.
Please check the calendar for current availability.
To ensure the safety of our staff and other visitors, guests that arrive under any form of intoxication will be refused entry and forfeit their payment.
The National Trust of Australia (Tasmania) and Stacey's Ghost and Paranormal Tours reserve the right to remove or decline access to any persons engaging in or intending disruptive behaviour.
- Bookings close two (2) hours prior to session start.
- Minimum two (2) Participants for the tours to go ahead.
- Disabled access is very limited and flat shoes are recommended due to the historic nature of the building including steep narrow steps and uneven stone floors.
- Please ensure the correct tour date and time have been selected prior to booking as refunds will only be provided if the tour is cancelled by the operator. We will try to accommodate a change of date whenever possible.
For enquiries please contact the tour operator - Stacey’s Ghost and Paranormal Tours on:
P: 0403 995 448