Captain's House Tour
- Duration: 60 Minutes
Just 8 minutes' drive from Hobart CBD (on route to MONA), Runnymede has a rich collection of artefacts related to the maritime interests of Captain Charles Bayley, who named the house after his favourite ship. His family and their descendants made it their home for over 100 years.
There are also historic artworks and possessions of the previous owner Bishop Francis Nixon, Tasmania’s first Anglican bishop.
This elegant homestead was built around 1836 for Robert Pitcairn, one of the first lawyers admitted to the Supreme Court in the Van Diemen’s Land colony and a leading campaigner against the transportation of convicts from Britain.
Access by guided tour only. Age 6 and under free. Child price is for age 7 to 16.
Tours run on Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sun (closed Mon & Sat) - tour times will be shown when you click on 'confirm availability'.
Closed on Public Holidays.
Runnymede House will be closed for regular tours throughout July and August for conservation work.
NATIONAL TRUST MEMBERS are entitled to a free Captain's tour (card to be shown on arrival).
REFUND POLICY: No refunds can be provided, but we will try to accommodate change of date and time requests whenever possible.