Runnymede Conservation Tour
- Duration: 120 Minutes
Join us for an exclusive 'behind the scenes' tour, followed by morning tea in the elegant drawing room of this magnificently restored 19th-century homestead.
Runnymede has a rich collection of artefacts related to the maritime interests of Captain Charles Bayley, who named the house after his favourite ship. His family and their descendants made it their home for over 100 years.
There are also historic artworks and possessions of the previous owner Bishop Francis Nixon, Tasmania’s first Anglican bishop.
The house was built around 1836 for Robert Pitcairn, one of the first lawyers admitted to the Supreme Court in the Van Diemen’s Land colony and a leading campaigner against the transportation of convicts from Britain.
Bookings essential. This tour is only suitable for age 16 and over (maximum 10 per tour).
Small morning tea provided.
National Trust members will need to show their membership cards on entry.
REFUND POLICY: No refunds can be provided, but we will try to accommodate change of date requests whenever possible.