Hobart Convict Penitentiary Ghost Tour
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Location: Hobart
The Hobart Convict Penitentiary, was the dark heart of the convict system in Tasmania. Built as convict prisoners' barracks for Hobart Town it originally spanned over two acres, and some 40,000 male convicts passed through the complex. Following the cessation of convict transportation, the site became Hobart Gaol that saw sections of the chapel converted into two courts connected by tunnels, and an execution yard , gallows added to the site.
Come & join the paranormal convictions team as they guide you on a 90 min tour telling the tails of the convicts executed on site & the ghost stories & experiences from previous guest.What stories will the lost souls whisper too you on the night?
Available Tours for 2021
Thursday 3rd June -7:00pm - SOLD OUT
Friday 4th June - 7:00 pm
Saturday 5th June - 7:00pm SOLD OUT
Thursday 10th June - 7:00 pm
Friday 11th June - 7:00 pm - SOLD OUT
Saturday 12 June- 7:00 pm
Thursday 24th June - 7:00 pm
Saturday 26th June - 7:00 pm
Thursday 1st July - 7:00 pm
Friday 2nd July - 7:00 pm
Thursday 8th July - 7:00 pm
Friday 9th July - 7:00 pm
Saturday 10th July - 7:00 pm
Monday 12 July - 7:00 pm
Thursday 15th July - 7:00 pm
Saturday 17th July - 7:00 pm
Thursday 22nd July - 7:00 pm
Friday 23rd July - 7:00 pm
Saturday 24th July - 7:00 pm
Thursday 5th August - 7:00 pm
Friday 6th August - 7:00 pm
Saturday 7th August - 7:00 pm
Thursday 12th August - 7:00 pm
Saturday 14th August - 7:00 pm
Thursday 19th August - 7:00 pm
Friday 20th August - 7:00 pm
Saturday 21st August - 7:00 pm
Thursday 26th August - 7:00 pm
Friday 27th August - 7:00 pm
Saturday 28th August - 7:00 pm
Thursday 2nd September - 7:00 pm
Friday 3rd September - 7:00 pm
Thursday 9th September - 7:00 pm
Saturday 11th September - 7:00 pm
Thursday 16th September - 7:00 pm
Friday 17th September - 7:00 pm
Thursday 23rd September - 7:00 pm
Saturday 25th September - 7:00 pm
Thursday 30th September - 7:00 pm
Friday 1st October - 7:00 pm
Please check calendar for current availability.
We are also available for specialised group bookings, school tours, and venue hire.
Contact us on:
P: 0426 623 263
- Bookings close two (2) hours prior to session starting.
- Free parking is available to visitors and can be found on Brisbane St
- Entrance to site on Campbell street
- Minimum two (2) Participants for the tours to go ahead.
- Disabled access very limited and flat shoes are recommended due to historic nature of building including narrow steps to tunnels and uneven floors.
- Please ensure correct tour date and time has been selected prior to booking.
- Refunds will only be provided if the tour doesn't go ahead. We will try to accommodate change of date whenever possible.
- Ages 10+ only. While our tour is family friendly we recommend ages 10+ would get the most from this tour (some of the information contained may not be suitable for small children).
- To ensure the safety of our staff and other visitors, guests that arrive under any form of intoxication will be refused entry and forfeit their payment.
- The National Trust Australia (Tasmania) & paranormal convictions reserve the right to decline access to any persons engaging in or intending disruptive behavior.