Hobart Convict Penitentiary Ghost Tour
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Location: Hobart
The Hobart Convict Penitentiary, was the dark heart of the convict system in Tasmania. Built as convict prisoners' barracks for Hobart Town it originally spanned over two acres, and some 40,000 male convicts passed through the complex. Following the cessation of convict transportation, the site became Hobart Gaol that saw sections of the chapel converted into two courts connected by tunnels, and an execution yard and gallows added to the site.
Thursday - Saturday: 8:00pm
*some Saturday sessions will not be available due to Paranormal Investigations through 2019.
Tour length: 90 minutes
Closed on Public Holidays
Please check calendar for current availability
We are also available for specialised group bookings, school tours, and venue hire.
Contact us on (03) 6231 0911 or email email@example.com
- Bookings close two (2) hours prior to session starting.
- Card only payment if paying on-site.
- Free parking is available to visitors and can be found on Brisbane St
- Minimum two (2) Participants for the tours to go ahead.
- Disabled access very limited and flat shoes are recommended due to historic nature of building including narrow steps to tunnels and uneven floors.
- Please ensure correct tour date and time has been selected prior to booking.
- Refunds will only be provided if the tour doesn't go ahead. We will try to accommodate change of date whenever possible.
- Ages 10+ only. While our tour is family friendly we recommend ages 10+ would get the most from this tour.
- To ensure the safety of our staff and other visitors, guests that arrive under any form of intoxication will be refused entry and forfeit their payment.
- The National Trust Australia (Tasmania) reserve the right to decline access to any persons engaging in or intending disruptive behavior.