Paranormal Investigation at the Hobart Convict Penitentiary
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Join us at the Hobart Convict Penitentiary, one of Australia's most significant convict sites, for a 3 hour Paranormal Investigation with a passionate team of investigators. All proceeds are given to the Hobart Convict Penitentiary.
The investigation starts at 7:00 pm sharp
Paranormal Convictions are a small investigative group based in Hobart.
What is now known as Hobart Convict Penitentiary, began as the convict prisoners' barracks for Hobart Town. It originally spanned over two acres and some 40,000 male convicts passed through the complex. Following the cessation of convict transportation, the site became Hobart Gaol for more than 100 years. Sections of the chapel were converted into two Supreme Courts connected by tunnels to the gaol and an execution yard and gallows were added. This fascinating history can still be discovered in the buildings which remain - a captivating insight into over 175 years of Hobart’s shadier past.
Friday 25th June 2021 - 7:00
Saturday 3rd July 2021 - 7:00
- Bookings are essential, and no walk-ins will be accepted.
- Ages 15 years and over.
- For Investigations to go ahead, a minimum of 4 participants is required.
- Flat shoes are required due to uneven surfaces and several sets of narrow and steep stairs.
- No persons, other than Paranormal Convictions, are to use any form of recording equipment, either via audio or film
- Refunds will only be provided if the tour doesn't go ahead. We will try to accommodate the change of date whenever possible.
- Disabled access very limited due to the historic nature of building including narrow steps to tunnels and uneven floors.
- To ensure the safety of our staff and other visitors, guests that arrive under any form of intoxication will be refused entry and forfeit their payment.
- Paranormal Convictions and The National Trust reserve the right to decline access to any persons engaging in or intending disruptive behaviour.